The Candy Bar Factor

day22d

I didn't believe that 75 cents could look so good.  I mean this dress cost me less than a candy bar!!  A candy bar!!  And when the hell did candy bars become so expensive?  I looked yesterday just to make sure my reference was correct, and in fact a plain ole regular sized Hershey bar is 88 cents at the moment.  So think about that.  That is just ludicrous.

 day22
day22c
day22b

Anyways, I found this dress on Wednesday while thrifting with some friends and luckily none of them noticed it:)  I think it's from the 80s, but the shape is remincient to the cuts of the 50s.  It was a tad too long so I chopped it (like all my other thrifted skirts and dresses) and it turned into something I'll wear all summer.  It's so light and comfy and the print is darling.  Plus it received quite a few compliments, so I think it was a well worth the 75 cents I paid for it.

day22f
day22g
day22e

As for the other things I thrifted on my ritual Wednesdays, I found a gorgeous 60s floral print table cloth, an awesome 60s tunic, a couple of blouses, and a fantastic avocado green skillet.  I'm beginning to hoard collect vintage cookware.  I figure that since teflon is illegal in nearly every other country due to its carcinogenic properties, I best be cooking with stainless steel cookware from the 70s. 


Vintage Dress, Thrifted
Sunnies, Forever21